Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Merry and Happy Happy!

Merry CHRISTMAS, that is! And/or whatever other holiday you may choose to celebrate. But for me, it's Christmas, first, last and always.

I know the late Pope John Paul II said that Christians are "an Easter people". Well, maybe that's how it should be. But I'm a Christmas person, and can't seem to overcome that. (Sorry, Papa!)

But it just seems to me that the whole point of Christmas is that God loved us so much He became one of us. And that's something to celebrate! The fact that He later died and rose again is awesome too - but then, if you accept that Jesus is God ... well, come on - what else do you think would have happened? Am I right? Or am I becoming "Heretic Gal" again? (nyuk nyuk!)

Lost 0.6 pounds last week - am proud to say my weight is now 192.6. I'm proud to say it because if I keep noshing on these See's Candies people keep handing me at the office, it's not gonna stay that way! But at least I'm keeping the Weight Watchers Online computer happy.

Oh, and I did something kinda different this morning - instead of taking the Red Line into downtown, I actually (gasp) DROVE all the way in, and parked underneath the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. It's about a mile from my office, a nice little walk (in the rain ... in my sandals ... ) which I'm going to count as my fitness for the day, since I don't really feel like going out again - even to Curves.

So Merry Christmas, computer! Merry Christmas, Bedford Falls! And Merry Christmas, all you millions of readers!

No comments: