Monday, October 26, 2009

Can't please everyone ...


Well, my Curvy Catholic pals, your friendly blogger has had the thrilling experience of being interviewed by another, and (IMHO) FAR superior blogger, over at Letthemeatmeat.com!

The whole interview was conducted via a series of email questions, which I answered to the best of my ability. I'm still struggling to articulate all this stuff, so I fully realize I probably didn't sound too intelligent about all the topics at hand.

Still, it was a bit annoying to find that a vegan named elengberg re-blogged it, adding her own rather snarky comments throughout, and accusing Letthemeatmeat.com of using "a fucking idiot to interview".

You might think I'd be more than just "annoyed" at that, but I'm not. See, a few years ago I became a Catholic again, after having been a very loud and vocal online atheist - and was nominated as "godidiot of the day" by some guy called the "Raving Atheist". (Who's apparently still going strong out there in the blogosphere. Mazel tov, dahling!)

So, nothing new here. Just be aware: if you're gonna post anything at all personal about yourself on the Internet, sooner or later, someone will call you an idiot. The real test of your character is how you respond.

Do you freak out and lock yourself in the bathroom and cry like a whiny little girl?

Do you quietly ask your Italian friends if they know anyone who can do you a "favor"?

Or do you just suck it up and accept the fact that, as the late, great Rick Nelson once sang, "You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself"?



I choose the latter. (R.I.P. Ricky - 24 years as of December 31.)

So now that I've gotten all that out of my system, what's next? Oh yeah ... the weigh-in. Well, I cannot tell a lie - since going back to animal flesh, I have gained back a little weight. My weigh-in Saturday was 183.4. Yikes!

But at least I know why. It's because I gave myself permission to "pig out" (sorry!) for a week, and eat all the foods I'd been craving all summer long. Now that I've done that, I don't need to anymore. I can go back to eating like a normal person. Already started today, with oatmeal and an apple for breakfast. Yum!

Sigh. An interesting week lies ahead. But I feel good now. Like a locomotive that's been stuck on a sidetrack for days and days, and finally gets the green light to move ahead*. I just needed the proper fuel mix!

(*Steve, you'll have to let me know if I've phrased that right - since I'm still in "training" - nyuk nyuk!)

No comments: